Saturday, October 29, 2011

Start 'em....Sit 'em, week 8.

Many of these players will be prime trade prospects (suspects?) after this week. Be alert.


Start 'em -

Joe Flacco QB Bal - It's rare when I say "Flacco" and "start" in the same sentence. This is one of those times. The Ravens' opponent, the Arizona Cardinals, give up over 21 fpg to QB's. While that's not a huge amount, during bye weeks, it's better than a kick in the backside.

Ben Roethlisberger QB Pit - Big Ben has been on a serious run as of late. He's put up close to a 1,000 yds and 9 TD's over the last 4 weeks. I traded for him in 2 leagues two weeks ago and have nothing but "W's" to show for it. This week vs New England should add nicely to those 4 week totals.


Darren Sproles, Pierre Thomas RB's N.O. - Awwwww man, I can't wait for this game. After seeing what DeMarco Murray did to St. Louis last week, I can't wait to see what these 2 do to the Ram defense. In fact, I'm tempted to tell owners in 14 and 16 team leagues to pick up Chris Ivory (who the Saints activated this week) AND FLEX HIM!

Ryan Torain RB Was - I say use this guy before the inevitable injury rears its ugly head, or Roy Helu takes over. Whichever comes first. With Tim Hightower out, playing a so-so Buffalo Bill run defense, this might be your last chance to get decent productivity out of Torain.


Anquan Boldin WR Bal - Remember what I said earlier about Joe Flacco? Well, just erase Flacco's name and enter Boldin's. The Cardinals have given up almost 26 fantasy points a game to WR's over the last few weeks. Cash in on Boldin this week.

Mario Manningham WR NYG - I know, I've been getting killed by Manningham's lack of productivity too. I just feel that this is the week that Eli Manning rediscovers Mario for a score. Dolphin CB, Vontae Davis should be kept busy with H. Nicks, which should allow Manningham his biggest day yet in 2011.


Fred Davis TE Was - With C. Cooley out of the picture and the fact that Buffalo is the 3rd worst teamin giving up pts to TE's...don't even THINK of sitting Davis!

Brandon Pettigrew TE Det - This a fairly simple call. The Lion running game is in bad shape so Lion QB Matthew Stafford will be throwing early and often. Pettigrew will get what Calvin doesn't.


SIT these guys -

Tim Tebow QB Den - I'm not a Tebow hater, far from it. I just don't see him running like he did last week against Miami. And we all know he doesn't frighten anyone through the air.

Kevin Kolb QB Arz - Couple the dissappointing year Kolb has has so far with the Raven defense...you have a recipe for very few fantasy points.


ANY Detroit RB - Unless Barry Sanders makes an unexpected return, I'll pass on Lion RB's.

Joseph Addai RB Ind Addai has been fighting a hamstring injury and I don't have much faith in RB's who haven't completely recovered from hammy issues. Besides that, it's not as though Addai has been "lighting it up" anyway. There are better options out there.


Sidney Rice WR Sea - So, THIS is what Seattle got for...what was it, $41 million? I'd be going to customer service and demanding a refund. In all seriousness, Rice may still work out, but not this weekend vs Cincinnati. The Bengals have allowed the 2nd fewest fpg to WR's over the last 4 games.

Malcolm Floyd WR SD - I have to admit, Floyd was someone when I was drafting, I expected to have a nice, solid, year. Yeah, well, I was WAY off base on THAT thought. I'm not sure if it's all Floyd, or part of his poor #'s are because Phillip Rivers is playing in the Twilight Zone somewhere. Whichever it is, I'm looking somewhere else.


Marcedes Lewis TE Jax - Do you realize that some fantasy owners are still waiting for Lewis to pop back to his 2010 stats? Those are the guys I want to play against on the weekends. If you are one of those people, my friend, it is time to snap back into reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment