Thursday, September 15, 2011

(Mark) Start 'em...sit 'em. Week 2

If these picks turn out to be a bust, I take no blame. I have the James Taylor CD..."October Road" on as I do this and I'm in an exaggerated, mellow, state of mind.

START 'EM -

Matthew Stafford QB Det - Listen, if you have Stafford and you're just not quite sure to start him or not, let me make the decision for you. Play him! He's facing a team in the Chiefs that has lost their best defensive back (Berry), and gave up an obscene # of TD's through the air last week.

Ben Roethlisberger QB Pit - After doing his best Jay Cutler, "running for my life imitation" 2010 version, Roethlisberger eases back into a bit of normalcy this week as he faces a Seahawk defense that I believe is ready for a good shredding.

Peyton Hillis RB Cle - Yep. No doubt about it. The Madden cover jinx has struck again! Well, I'm not sure about THAT, but after 1 week I was hearing grumblings. While I don't believe Hillis is as good as he looked last season, I'm of the mindset that this week he takes a generous Colt defense and lays a hurtin' on 'em this week.

Rashard Mendenhall RB Pit - Remember what I said about Roethlisberger? No? Go back, and apply it to Mendenhall this week. I see 1-man wrecking crew numbers this weekend.

Mario Manningham WR NYG - As a Manningham owner, I was expecting a bit more out of him in week 1. But, I am a PATIENT fantasy owner and vs the MASH unit that IS the St. Louis Rams, my guess is I will be rewarded for that patience. 6 rec/80 yds/1 td

Jordy Nelson WR GB - In larger leagues, this guy is absolute $$$. In my 14-team league, I have in as my WR#3 or flex (depending on the match up) and ain't lookin' back.

SIT 'EM -

Jay Cutler QB Chi - Oooooo, I got a bad feeling here. Something tells me the Bears are hitting the road and Cutler will be reverting to his "dancing days" of last season. New Orleans didn't look very good defensively in week one and I think a little home cookin' for the Saints is going to give Cutler indigestion.

Matt Ryan QB Atl - Ugh. After a rather indifferent performance in week 1 against Chicago, Ryan is "rewarded" with a game vs Philadelphia. Good luck Matt.

Maurice Jones-Drew RB Jax - I know, I know, you're going to start him. So am I. Just be smart enough to temper expectations. He's not going to lead your fantasy squad to the promised land, but I could see him getting around 12-15 fantasy points.

Frank Gore RB SF - As with MJD, I know you'll start him, but just don't get your hopes up. I think Dallas will keep Gore pretty quiet.

Steve Smith WR Car - Those of you the played Smith last week, I hope you also bought lottery tickets. Last week was "fools gold". The Green Bay secondary will thoroughly confuse Panther QB Cam Newton, and frustrate Smith to no end.

Dwayne Bowe WR KC - The Chiefs looked so bad last week, I just can't bring myself to play Bowe until KC shows some life. I don't see them showing much of that going to Detroit vs the Lions. It's a "wait-and-see" situation with KC.

You can listen to the FF101 crew every Sunday morning online at, www.sportsradio1450.com from 9a-11a ct

No comments:

Post a Comment